If you’re trying to lose weight, you likely have heard of the common advice that you should eat lots of fruits and vegetables, but did you know that there are some surprisingly filling foods out there that don’t get nearly as much attention? Here are five unexpected foods that will help you stay full while dieting
1) Dried Fruit
A lot of us are turning to dried fruit as a healthier snack, but did you know that not all dried fruit is created equal? It’s true, some varieties actually contain more calories than fresh fruits and some people may even crave it. However, there are a few dry fruits that will keep your taste buds satisfied without going overboard on calories. The following five varieties will help satisfy your hunger without any added guilt:
-Cranberries: Whether fresh or dried, cranberries add flavor and color to any dish with their tangy bite and beautiful deep red hue. Dry-dried cranberries pack nearly twice the amount of antioxidants as fresh ones, so they’re worth eating in moderation while you’re dieting.
[epcl_box type=”success”]The best outdoor activities to relieve stress[/epcl_box]
Beans are one of the best foods to eat if you’re trying to lose weight, since they’re high in fiber and protein. They can be mashed into a dip, added to a sandwich or burrito as well as eaten on their own. Vegetarian protein sources such as tofu and tempeh are also great additions to your diet plan since beans are not the only vegan option for filling up without a lot of calories. Beans also have an amazing amount of health benefits that make them worth adding into your diet.
Everyone knows that dairy products are some of the best foods to eat while dieting, but do you know which ones work best?
Here are five great dairy items that will help you stay full while dieting:
1. Yogurt is packed with protein and calcium which keep your metabolism up and get your digestive system working. The healthy bacteria in yogurt also helps aid in weight loss by increasing your feeling of fullness.
2. Certain cheeses such as ricotta, queso blanco, cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan or goat cheese are all high in protein which not only makes them great for breakfast but also for snacking on during the day when you need a boost of energy.
[epcl_box type=”success”]Also Read: Benefits of milk with honey: Better sleep, stronger bones[/epcl_box]
3. Greek yogurt has even more protein than regular yogurts and is higher in natural sugars which make it perfect for someone who needs something sweet to snack on.
4. Cottage cheese is another type of dairy product that’s loaded with protein and carbs so it’s perfect for snacks or dessert because it satisfies both cravings at once.
5. Another way to keep you fuller longer when dieting is by eating chia seeds, flaxseeds, sesame seeds or walnuts because they’re all filled with fiber.
Eggs are a great, inexpensive and healthy option for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Eggs have the protein to help you feel full and keep you from overeating throughout the day.
Not only do eggs provide a good amount of protein (6 grams per egg), but they also provide essential nutrients that keep your body running properly, like Vitamin A and B12, phosphorus, riboflavin, choline and selenium. They’re filling enough to not cause cravings later in the day but not too heavy as to make you feel sluggish.
5) Dark Chocolate
This dairy-free, sugar-free and vegan indulgence is a surprisingly good food for dieters. Dark chocolate contains ingredients that release a substance in the stomach that leaves people feeling full. This might seem like a strange fact, but you won’t be hungry for at least two hours after eating a few squares of this healthy treat.
Plus, dark chocolate tastes delicious and it’s the perfect thing to eat while drinking some coffee before diving into your day. And unlike many foods on this list, this one can actually contain caffeine which will help keep you awake while dieting on less sleep than usual! So go ahead and indulge in a couple pieces of dark chocolate; we promise you’ll thank us later.